If you have already decided to start a webinar, but you still don't know how here we will help you to do it from scratch. At Transmedia, we have carried out a search to offer you the best free and paid alternatives.
What is a webinar?
It is a seminar, conference, or workshop conducted online. Concisely, a webinar. Its main characteristic is the interaction between the speaker and the participants. A webinar can be given in the present tense or it can be recorded.
What is it for?
The webinar fulfills the same function as a seminar. You can receive information on a topic, ask questions and discuss what is exposed. However, webinars are also used for networking. In addition, these have been introduced in the academic world, and make it possible for students to attend classes or workshops without being present.
Finally, companies have also begun to use it in order to segment content and offer it online.
Now yes, let's start!
Free Webinar with StreamYard
What is StreamYard?
It's a live streaming studio in your browser that streams directly to Facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn, and other platforms.
1. Sign up
Go to Stream Yard and register by clicking “Get started”.
2. Configure your profile and synchronize it with your social networks
Once you are inside your account, configure your profile and synchronize the different social networks in which you want to stream. For this, you will have to click on one of the options and enter your account on that platform. In this case, we will use YouTube as an example.
3. Grant permission to StreamYard
Once you enter your account, you will have to click on “Allow”.
4. Enable live streaming on your channel
For that, click on “Open YouTube Live Dashboard” and follow all the instructions.
Upon completion of all steps, YouTube says it can take 24 hours to get approval to create your stream, but it's usually instant.
5. Create your stream
To do this we will click on “Create a Broadcast”, then “+Add a destination” and select YouTube Channel.
6. Fill in the transmission information
You will fill in the data of your transmission. In privacy, you can choose between “Public” (anyone can see your transmission), “Unlisted” (it will be hidden and only the person with the link to the YouTube video will see it), and “Private” (only people to whom you can see it will be able to see it). invite via email).
In addition, you can schedule it for a specific date and time.
When you finish filling in all the information, you will only have to click on “Create Broadcast”.
Tips for StreamYard:
- When finished, you will be able to promote your “broadcast” by directly sharing the YouTube link. However, we recommend that you do it on your own website by creating a landing page with the website details and adding a subscription box.
- If you want to add more platforms like Facebook, you just have to click on “Destinations” and then “Add a Destination”. Remember that you can share your event on several platforms at the same time.
Webinar with GotoWebinar
What is GotoWebinar?
GoToWebinar is one of the most popular webinar tools that allows you to run an event online safely and efficiently. You will be able to plan your broadcasts with attendees from anywhere in the world at the same time.
1. Sign up
Go to this link and create an account. Remember that the free trial only lasts for 7 days, then you will have to pay.
2. Schedule your event
Click on “Start”, then on “Schedule your event” and finally you will do the same with “Calendar”.
3. Complete the data of your event
A window will appear in which you will enter the data of your event. You will decide if this will be "live" or recorded, you will also be able to program it and select the frequency.
- In case you select the “Live” option, click on “Calendar”.
- In case you select the “Recorded” option, click on “Add a recording”, select one and then click on “Add”.
You can ask to be reminded of your choice and in the programming decide the time at which your event will end.
4. Share your event
At the end of this procedure, the next thing you will do is click on “Share your event”.
Then you will click on the three points that are on the right side of your created event and select "Share". When doing so, a sale will appear in which you will be given a link to share it with the public you want to reach.
You can share it directly through Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and email by clicking on the icons that will appear at the top.
And ready! Wait for your scheduled time and start your broadcast.
Tips for GotoWebinar:
This option gives you several elements that you should take advantage of, so we leave you these tips:
- Receive the online training that this website offers you: Live training and training videos.
- Practice your event.
- Track your registrants using the tool that this platform offers you.
Other sites to create a paid webinar
- WebEx: This platform supports webinars from 100 to 300 attendees.
- Webinar Center: You can have unlimited participants from an annual plan of $135. You can also create a free account, but it only allows you to interact with 50 people simultaneously.
- AnyMeeting: It's free for 30 days on all their plans, ranging from 50 to 1,000 attendees. You find plans for $48 per month.
- Zoom: Another of the most popular platforms. This has monthly or annual plans that allow from 100 to 10,000 participants. You can request a demo.
- ClickMeeting: You can use its trial version for 7 days, with plans starting at $25 per month and with an unlimited number of webinars.
Other sites to create a free webinar
- InstaWebinar: It is a platform to organize webinars for free. It is available for a maximum of 100 participants.
- Free Conference Call: The free account on this platform allows up to 1,000 participants at the same time.
- Apache OpenMeetings: With this tool, you will be able to share audio and video, record your videoconferences and even create a system of moderators in the chat of your conference.
Tips for conducting a quality webinar:
- Define the main topic and the secondary topics, the objectives, and the audience to which your webinar is directed. Be clear about what you want to share.
- The structure of the webinar should go from the general to the particular. Key concepts should be explained first and then developed.
- The webinar should be educational and formal to some degree, but at the same time entertaining and visual. We recommend you include diagrams and presentations.
- Encourage users to download additional information and invite them to other webinars.
- Encourage attendees to get involved and participate with questions and doubts, and take the time to respond appropriately to each of them.
- Keep the user's attention at all times with the tools you think are necessary.
- Do not start your webinar without first learning the basics of the program you will use.
- Control your time. You should not do very long webinars, nor very short ones. Ideally, between your presentation and the interaction between you and your audience, it will take an hour.
- Decide if attendees will be able to command.